Monday, August 15, 2011

beets, black bears, battlestar galactica.


How sweet is this!? And much needed this weekend. Without a wedding to attend in sight, MK and I drove off to the Poconos. It was gorgeous (and only 90 minutes away).

The first night we arrived we set up our tent and snuggled up near the fire until we headed off to bed. In the middle of the night, I suddenly felt Mike swoop me up closer to him as he whispered "There's a bear outside our tent!!" I knew by his tight grip and tone of voice, he wasn't joking.

Sure enough, I had to listen for the next hour, a black bear tear through garbage and lick a can of baked beans, only 4 feet away from me. (The previous campers, not ours. Thanks, a**holes.)

I've never been so terrified, albeit, in the morning the ranger informed us the bear was a frequent visitor and only 100 lbs. nbd. For the rest of the weekend, everything I said started with; "Well, since I survived a bear attack..."

If I had this sleeping bag, I would have fearlessly joined him outside for a whiskey. Bear Party!


5 comments:

  1. HAHAHA. amazing post title and story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silly Mike - he didn't have to wake you up to share in his bearfear (re: as a rhyme). He could have just watched you sleep without a care in the world to know everything was gonna be alright :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiking through the woods
    Looking for a bear
    But not finding any....

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.hulu.com/watch/1396/saturday-night-live-bear-city-driving

    ReplyDelete
  5. That clip is hilarious! I bet bears love putting the windows down and to just let the wind whip through their fur.

    ReplyDelete